WHAT IS ANIMAL REIKI?
I follow the teachings of Kathleen Prasad, using her Let Animals Lead® approach. This approach is composed of 6 Pillars of Practice:
- This method is founded upon traditional Japanese Reiki techniques and philosophy.
- Animal Reiki is mindfulness meditation practiced “with” our animals, rather than an energy therapy done “to” them.
- Animal Reiki meditation is taught as a state of mind with flexible physical forms.
- Touch is used only when animals seek it out, and then only as a compassionate support.
- Mental focus techniques develop an “All is Well” state of mind for the practitioner that sees the animal’s perfection in this moment. Kathleen calls this seeing with your “Animal Reiki eyes,” in other words, seeing more deeply, with your heart.
- This method acknowledges and honors each animal as a spiritual teacher and healer in his/her own right. Practitioners learn to listen to animals and become receptive to their spiritual wisdom and healing gifts.
This method also follows the Animal Reiki Practitioner Code of Ethics. The Let Animals Lead® approach of Animal Reiki honors animals as not only our partners in the healing process, but also our teachers and guides in when, how and indeed if Reiki should be shared.
Animal Reiki is a spiritual practice of compassion for all beings. In a nutshell, “doing” Reiki for animals simply means learning to meditate with your animals. The practices of Reiki help us navigate our life’s challenges with grace while we to learn to listen to and be present for others in a compassionate space. Compassion is the ultimate healer, and this is the powerful space Animal Reiki facilitates.
Because the practices of Reiki are focused on helping us remember our inner wisdom of universal connection to all things, the more we practice, the deeper our healing can go. Because we are healing our inner essence and spirit, we often see ripples into the other layers of our being—spiritual healing through the dying process, or emotional, mental and physical healing throughout life’s journey. Kathleen calls this the “Animal Reiki ripple effect”—when we open our hearts to balance, clarity and harmony—in other words, the beauty of our world as it should be and our place in it—then healing, contentment, transformation and renewal with our animals will follow.
LEARN MORE AND BECOME CERTIFIED IN ANIMAL REIKI!
Kathleen Prasad offers many opportunities for learning and becoming more involved in working with animals. Please visit the Animal Reiki Source website to find out more. As an Animal Reiki Source affiliate partner I may receive a commission if you invest in any programs, but at no extra cost to you.